It is highly likely that you are well aware of the fact that social media is the most popular and effective way for businesses to get engaged with their target audiences. It is also likely that you post regularly on Facebook and even respond to a few tweets, diligently. What is the big deal in that?
Well, it is the fact that more than 92% of small business owners use social media and they consider it to be highly beneficial to them. Why? Here it is.
For the beginners, social media can help you to:
- Gain more followers
- Build a better brand recognition
- Foster a community and
- Grow the bottom line around your business.
Considering the fact that the number of users of global social media is expected to reach 2.5 billion this year, you will hardly find a better platform to find and use in order to get connected to your ideal audience.
And with Instagram having nearly one billion of them, there is no better platform across the social media networks to use for the benefits of your business. Even if you can get to drive one percent of those Instagram followers towards your site, you will have an incredible rise in the traffic count to your site.
Getting started with social media
Therefore, what is the best way in which you can use social media to drive more traffic to your site. Here are a couple of simple and easy ways to do so. All these are proven to be effective and result driven.
To get started with social media for your business you must first believe that, especially if you are just entering into this incredible world of web, the only options that you have are not the giants like:
- Instagram and
All these are really good and fantastic options no doubtand may be somewhat essential for any type of business, but actually there are several other options that are worth looking into as well. For example:
- Pinterest: This is a good platform to share any visual content such as images and infographics from your blog posts.
- Reddit: This is another useful platform through which you can prove your knowledge about the industry to your audience and of course, get engaged with a larger and more dedicated community.
- Tumblr: You can use this platform in the best possible way to create a multimedia diary which will in turn support your primary website.
- Google+: This is an excellent platform to boost your SEO by sharing your content on this very own platform of Google.
- Snapchat: This platform will help you to show the behind-the-scenes activities of your business through a well-crafted video.
The list could be longer but these are the major social media platform that most of the businesses often look to use for their brand and product promotions.
Follow your customers
However, with so many options available to you, and each of these having different features and functionality to offer, it may be a bit difficult initially for you to decide which specific platform you should focus on.
The easiest way to proceed is to follow and know your customers. For this you will have to:
- Research the demographics of each platform
- Collect data on several aspects and
- Know about the key statistics.
This will help you in the end to know who are the people that use a specific social media platform and whether or not that demographics fit within your buyer personas. If you find it does, add it to your list and proceed further with your work as follows.
The importance of targets
The next important thing to do in order to make your social media marketing efforts a success, is know your target market and audience and the importance of both for your specific type of business. They should align properly with your business as well as your marketing goals.
Just like in any other form of marketing campaign, the foundation of your social media success and activity should be your goals. You will need to know and analyze different metrics for that, commonly known as the Key Performance Indicators or KPIs in the industry.
These metrics will help you to know whether or not you are moving to the right direction to gain more followers and are being able to drive them towards your site or are you getting a bit too fancy to leave behind some opportunities lying on your path.
Measure your success
You will need to measure your achievements every now and then and especially after you accomplish a goal. This is the best possible way to measure your success and know exactly how much traffic you are actually driving to your main website.
When you measure your accomplishments and success on a regular basis it will help you in ways more than one such as:
- In determining whether or not the platform you are working on is actually effective
- In finding out whether or not there are large enough audience on that specific platform to tap, attract and engage with to raise the number of traffic count to your site and
- Whether there is any scope to make any further development in your social media marketing strategy.
Until and unless you have a large number of active users on the specific social network you want to use for your business promotion, you will never be able to entice them to visit your site and raise the number of traffic to it.
Lastly, your goals
Last but most importantly, you should know your goals beforehand so that you can create a proper plan to achieve them. Make sure that you have small and easy to achieve goals and work on the bigger ones as and when you achieve each of your smaller ones. This will provide you with the morale boost and encourage you to keep on going.
Your goals can be anything from growing the number of followers in due time or increasing social referral traffic, but make it a point that you stick to it.
Karen is a Business Tech Analyst. She is very responsible towards her job. She helps marketers to achieve better results.