Sometimes, Windows lets users face numerous annoying errors, and Windows Update Stuck Checking for Updates is one among those never-ending errors that every Windows may faces. There might be several reasons behind the occurrence of this error. Here, you will come across a few methods that enable you to overcome this never-ending “Checking for Updates” error. But, before going further, we want you to know more about Windows update stuck problem in detail.
What Is Windows Update Stuck Problem?
While clicking Check for updates option as shown below, the status stays the same for a long period of time, and on the other hand, while monitoring it in the Task Manager, the SVCHOST.EXE process is made to utilize up to 50 to 100% memory of your CPU.
WUAUSERV, which is also known as Update Automatic Update Service is basically utilized as the thread of the SVCHOST.exe, and the reason why it consumes a huge amount of memory and CPU as well. But, you will be glad to know that, both the memory and the CPU utilization will automatically return to normal as soon as this service is stopped. On the other hand, if this procedure is made to leave for hours, then you will find that the status checking for updates still remains the same. That’s not all! You won’t get any information when you attempt to inspect windowsupdate.log.
Thus, if you are one among those users who confronts these sorts of issues, then this post entitled as “How to Fix Never Ending Windows Update Stuck Checking for Updates Error” will help you to completely fix Windows update stuck issues completely. Let’s delve into details to know more!
How to Fix the Issue?
No particular method is available to fix Windows Checking for Updates issues as there might be different reasons behind this error. Thus, we recommend you to start with the basics, as given below.
Method 1: The Basics
Points To Be Kept In Mind
- First of all, check whether you are having a genuine copy of Windows or not. If you found a genuine Windows, then make sure it’s activated.
- Then, it’s time to make sure that your Windows 7 is running with the Server Pack 1, and don’t forget to make sure that your anti-virus is updated.
- Check your internet connectivity, and find out whether you are having an access to the Microsoft Windows Update Service.
- As soon as, you are done with above aspects, then restart your system to continue the process.
It’s necessary to scan your system completely with the help of an updated anti-virus. It is done to make sure that a virus may not cause the Windows Checking for Updates Windows 7 issues.
After verifying “The Basics”, go to the Method 2, in case you are still dealing with the same Windows issues.
Method 2: Download Latest Windows Updates For The Update Client
Points To Be Keep In Mind
- Downloading latest Windows updates for the update client is the initial phase of the process. In case, you are about to check for updates for the very first time or if you are having a fresh Windows, then this must be your first step to conduct.
- Today’s Windows 7 catalog is very big in size, and that’s maybe one among the reasons why your Windows always ask you to check for updates. Usually, Windows Update Client downloads its own updates before others.
Note: If Windows Update Stuck at 0 issues then the possibility of update process decreases up to a greater extent.
- Once you have successfully introduced exclusive updates, it’s time to run your Windows again to make sure it runs well without any error.
These two are the easiest methods to fix never ending Windows UAlso See: How Fix the Error Code 0x80070005 Windows PC Issue?pdate Stuck Checking for Updates Error. Simply follow these methods to get rid of this Windows error completely from your system, and share your views with us whether your problem is resolved with these methods or not, so that we can help you in a better way.