If you have not been living under a rock for the past few decades or so, chances are, you rely on your iPod as much as you rely on food and water to help you survive. For the modern man and woman, music is about as important as any other essential survival need, and in this scenario, it is very obvious that people have to rely on their iPods the way a student relies on last minute cramming before exams. Naturally, it can be very vexing if, for some reason your iPod gets disabled, locking you out of the enchanting world of limitless music. But worry not, for this article will teach you how to unlock an iPod that has been disabled so that you can go on enjoying the notes and words that you love so much!
How To Unlock
There are several ways in which you can solve the problem of a disabled iPod or iPod Touch. Luckily for you, all of these methods are fairly simple, and you will not have to enroll for software engineering classes to listen to music again. Just by following this extremely simple guide on how to fix the disabled iPod problem, you will be able to unlock your iPod and go back to listening to your favorite music in peace, in only a matter of minutes. So what are you waiting for? Read on to find out how to fix a disabled iPod!
Method 1 – By Connecting To Apple ITunes
This is by far the simplest method and will help you unlock your disabled iPod in most cases. If your iPod is showing the “iPod Disabled – Connect to iTunes” error code, this is most definitely the method that will help you regain access. To unlock your iPod, follow the ensuing steps:
• First, connect your iPod to your Laptop or Desktop computer, or Mac.
• Open the iTunes app, and select your iPod from the list that you see.
• Using the “Back up now” option that you find, create a backup for your iPod.
• Now, restore your iPod to its default settings to regain access.
• During the set up process, click on “Restore from iTunes” to gain back all your music.
Just by following these five steps, you can solve the error of “iPod Disabled – Connect to iTunes.”
Method 2 –Through Apple Icloud Website
Often, you might get locked out of your iPod because of entering the wrong password too many times, and this might even happen when you do not have access to your PC. If that is the case, regaining access by logging into iTunes is impossible. Fortunately, however, there is a method that will allow you to regain access to your iPod even when you do not have access to your PC. For such a situation, follow these steps to unlock a disabled iPod:
• On any PC or another device with an internet connection, go to the find option on iCloud.
• Here, log in using your Apple ID and password.
• From the “All Devices” button at the top of the window, find and select your iPod.
• Using the option “Erase,” reset your iPod and set it up like a new one.
Even though you risk losing some of your music in this method, it is probably worth it, because the only other alternative when locked out of your iPod is to wait for 453 years and who has all that time?
Method 3 – By Using The Recovery Mode
If your iPod is prompting for a password when you try to access it, this method will prove to be the most useful. Follow these steps to regain access:
• Turn off your iPod and connect it to your PC.
• Open iTunes and press Power and Home buttons at the same time.
• Click on the Restore option and reset your iPod.
In these very simple steps, you can regain access into a locked iPod or iPod Touch, without any hassle at all!