The SSL Connection Error turns up when you are using an internet browser to access a website that uses he Secure Socket Layer or SSL to keep your information and personal data secure and protected. In this article, you will find several ways to deal with this error so that you can access every site easily and without any glitches. Read on to find out how to fix it!
By Changing The Internet LAN Settings
If you do not wish to continue using a proxy server, you can opt for this method. To fix the error using this method, follow these steps:
- Open menu in Google Chrome
- Click on settings
- There, click on the tab that says Show Advanced Settings
- Now, click on LAN Settings
- Here, deselect the option that says Use a Proxy Server for your LAN
- After deselecting the option, close the tab
- That’s all; you are done!
By Clearing The SSL On Your, Windows Operated Personal Computer
If you are using Internet explorer, this is a good way to solve this error. To remove the error by this method, do the following:
- Open your internet browser
- Click on the Content option
- Once that opens, click on Clear SSL State
- This will help you to clear all SSL data from your internet explorer cache
- Close the tab and you are done!
By Installing The Required Certificate On Your PC
If you are using chrome, this will quickly solve any SSL errors that might be hampering your work. To do this, take the following steps:
- Click on start menu button, or directly open up your internet explorer browser
- Open the Content tab
- From here, you have to open the Certificate option
- Open the Intermediate Certificate Authorities tab
- Click on Import to download all certificate which is necessary
- If you cannot find it, get the required certificates from your WiFi Provider Company
- After you have the certificates, click on Apply
- After you have done that, click on the Okay button to save these settings
- Close the tabs and restart your PC to ensure that it works properly
- That’s all!
By Deleting The Google Chrome Browser Profile
To fix SSL error by this method, do the following:
- Open the start menu
- Go to the RUN command box
- In the command box, type this – %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\
- Click on OKAY or press the enter button to run this command
- Windows Explorer will open
- In Windows Explorer, right click on the default folder and rename it to Default.Old
- Restart your PC
- That’s it!
By Checking And Correcting Date And Time Discrepancies On Windows Operated PC
If there is any error in the date and time settings of your computer, it can cause the occurrence of SSL errors. To resolve any date and time errors, do these:
- Open the start menu
- Go to Date and Time Settings
- Change date and time by clicking on the Change Date and Time menu
- If your time zone has any errors, change that by clicking on Time Zone
- Press the Okay button to apply these changes and restart your PC
By Ignoring It On Mozilla Firefox Internet Browser
If you are using the Mozilla Firefox browser, you can fix the SSL error in the following ways:
- Open up your Mozilla Firefox internet browser
- In the URL bar of the window, type “about config” without the quotes and search for it
- When the pop-up opens up, click on the option that says I’ll be Careful, I Promise!
- Click on the search option and type the following – security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_aes_128_sha
- If the value is shown to be true in the new pop-up window, change it to False
- Close the browser and you are done!
Using these simple methods, you can easily fix the SSL Connection Error problem.